Dr.Thomas’ clinic is designed for patients and families that prefer to spend quality time with their psychiatrist and collaborate on treatment options that fit their needs and preferences. As former staff psychiatrist at the world renowned Menninger Clinic and currently an assistant professor at the Baylor College of Medicine and a staff psychiatrist at Texas Children’s Hospital, Dr. Thomas’ clients receive the highest quality mental health care conveniently located in Sugar Land!
- Dr. Thomas was inducted into the Gold Humanism Honor Society of Baylor College of Medicine in “recognition of exemplary service, integrity, clinical excellence and compassion.”
- He received the Clinical Excellence Award from the Baylor College of Medicine 2 years in a row in recognition of his “scholarly accomplishments” and “highest levels of professionalism, high quality patient and family care and productivity.”
- He is an Assistant Professor at the Baylor College of Medicine where he teaches and supervises students and trainees about mental health care.
- He is also a provider at Texas Children’s Hospital Autism Center where he specializes in providing care for children and adults with Autism and other Developmental Disabilities
- He has provides mental health care for children, adolescents, and adults at the Menninger Clinic and Texas Children’s Hospital- both nationally ranked hospitals known for their high standards of care.
- He specializes not only in children and adolescent, but also in the unique needs of women, professionals, and veterans
- Dr. Thomas received his medical degree (MD) from the University of Nevada School of Medicine. He completed his 4 year general psychiatry residency and an additional 2 year child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at the Baylor College of Medicine/Menninger Department of Behavioral Sciences.